Problem with a look up and several other issues...

dwhite612

Here is my problem: I have an excel workbook with 2 worksheets called "settlement statement" and "balanced file new"
I wish i could show more of the settlement statement but I think this will give you the basic idea. What I would like to do is set up in the "balanced new file" a cell that looks for any cells in lines #801-811 that have exactly the same text in the G column and then adds the dollar amount exactly to the right of each in the O column and sums the total of each with the same name then in one cell on the "balanced new file" sheet.
So if I have 5 cells in column G that say "Commonwealth Lending" I want the cell in "balance new file" to look for each of those and add them. In "balance new file" the information will enter into two cells: one with the name and the one directly to the right of it with the summed amount.
FINALHUD.xls
BCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQ
94801LoanOriginationFeeto $456,456.00
95802LoanDiscountto 
96803AppraisalFeeto $5,464.00
97804CreditReportto $45,645.00
98805to 
99806to $54.00
100807to 
101808to $56.00
102809to $45.00
103810to $45.00
104811(POC)
Settlement Statement

If I did a horrible job of explaining please post and I will try to add more detail. And by the way...what is that &nbsp that shows in all of the cells.

Thanks, David

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
In answer to your question re: showing worksheet on page. In the FAQ's here is what is stated.

What is this "" thing, why is it showing up in my HTML Maker example and how can I get rid of it?
The "" is HTML code for a "non-breaking space." When used correctly, it appears as a normal space and you never even know it is there unless you look at the code. However, since the board was upgraded in February 2005, we have been unable to get the board to interpret this HTML tag correctly and it will display the tag in the post instead of a space.

Since the HTML Maker uses this special tag in the code it creates it will display the "" in the posted examples unless you copy the source code of the example. Click the "View Source" button provided on the page and it will display the source code of the example in a text box. Do not "View Source" on the page itself (yes, we can tell when you do this when we inevitably have to remove the code from your post). Copy all of the code displayed in the textbox and paste it into your message. The "" tag will not display in the posted example.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back