problem with autofilter

RoydenC

Board Regular
I am using autofilter to select certain numbers for editing a long list which is very wide. I am zoomed at 25% - and the list is very legible - but when I press the down arrow on the column I want to sort - the figures are so small as to be totally unreadable. A larger zoom scale improves the legibilty but makes the worksheet unmanagable. as I know what I am looking for in the filtered list is there anyway I can type in the number on the list I require - or otherwise make it legible at the screen zoom scale I want to use?

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Hi there
You could make yourself a macro button with code like this:

Put the number you wish to filter in B1 (or change code to suite). Select a cell in the filter range and click button

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=Selection.Column(), Criteria1:=Range("B1").Value

hope this helps
regards
Derek
This message was edited by Derek on 2002-10-25 04:30

Upvote 0
Hi again
Ah, the above macro requires your autofilter range to begin from Column A, if not you will need to change the formula to specify which field you wish to filter eg Field:=1
regards
Derek

Upvote 0
Hello,
Not sure if you can manipulate the size of the drop down list directly, however you could make a small form with a combobox referenced to the column you wish to filter(Even removing dupelacates if you wish)with a comand button to filter the selection you make. That way You can set the font size etc..of the combobox. There may be better ways....
Regards Ron

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back