Problem with conditional formatting

mahhdy

Board Regular
Hi Mr Excelians,
I have some conditional formatting in a list object (table). They are almost 6 or 7 conditional expression based formatting.
Each time I am adding or deleting any rows to/from the table, these conditions duplicated and their area changes. I want a way to have a neat and clean conditional formatting.
I am wondering is there any way to reapply these formatting to that range "Table" after any change that made them messy, or any other solution for such a problem? I think it may fix my problem. I read the Microsoft MSDN help, It seems that only three conditions can be set out with VBA.
Any Idea or solution for help?
Thanks

here is a snapshot of my file.
conditional_formatting.jpg

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
It seems that only three conditions can be set out with VBA.
if you are using 2007 or later, then you can use much more than 3 rules, that only applied to 2003 and earlier

Upvote 0
if you are using 2007 or later, then you can use much more than 3 rules, that only applied to 2003 and earlier

Wow, Thanks,
So the best way is to reapply these rules after any change in the table?
Is there any list of changes should be considered in this regard?
For sure Sort or filter are OK, I think I should specify just some specific changes in my code. Any Idea or suggestion?
Yours,
M

Upvote 0
If you set the CF range and insert/delete rows within that range, then the CF should not be affected

If you need to add rows at the end, set your CF range to be 1 or 2 rows more than your lowest row, then when you insert a row at the bottom, the range should adjust itself

Upvote 0
If you set the CF range and insert/delete rows within that range, then the CF should not be affected

If you need to add rows at the end, set your CF range to be 1 or 2 rows more than your lowest row, then when you insert a row at the bottom, the range should adjust itself

Unfortunately, My experience doesn't show such point.
As you can see, My CF range is very higher than table range. But even in add cases, the new rows will have their own CF's.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxgirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back