Problem with copying a table

vbogesjo

Hi,

Background:
I have an excel document with two worksheets. The document is saved as .xlsm as I have som macros in the document. I am using excel 2007

Problem:
When I copy some cells in worksheet no 1 and paste those cells (a table) into a word document using word 2003, word automatically adds borders to the table which was not there in excel (some of the cells had borders but in word borders appear around every cell). The odd thing is that when I copy some cells from worksheet no 2 and paste in word (still using word 2003), then word do not add any borders and it looks perfectly fine.

I have tried to copy the first table from ws1 to a word2007 document and then no extra borders appears. Also, when I copy that exact table from word 2007 and copy it to word 2003 then also no unwanted borders appears.

I have to use word 2003 as it is a part of my workstation integraded with my companies databases etc. so the easy sollution to just use 2007 does not work for me.

Anyone have any ideas? I have also uploaded the current file on the following link (however without any text as it do not matter):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A3TJXB0J

I would really appreciate some help.
Many thanks,

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I have now found what's causing the problem. In Worksheet no 1 there are merged cells, which WS2 do not have.

Hence once you merge a cell in excel 2007 and copy any part of the sheet, borders will appear around every cell when pasting in word 2003.

Anyone have a sollution on this problem or a way around it?

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back