Problem with creating formula

paulamor

I am using Excel XP in Window XP, and am having trouble creating a formula in a workbook with many worksheets (my test book only has a few, but could be potentially 150-200 sheets). Each of these sheets is based on a template, so that the "total" cells are all the same. I am trying to create a formula in a summary worksheet, summing the same cell in all worksheets with a particular text in cell B2. This text refers to a status, and there are five possible phrases.

The only formula I can get to work only refers to one sheet: =IF('worksheet'!B2="Submitted", +'worksheet'!D21,"+0")

I get #VALUE for the following formula: =SUMIF('worksheet1:worksheet5'!B2,"Submitted",'worksheet1:worksheet5'!D21)

I get FALSE for this formula: =IF(worksheet1!B2="Submitted",+worksheet!D21," "),=IF(worksheet2!B2="Submitted",+worksheet2!D21," " etc.

Can anyone help? Paula

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Insert two new sheets, name these two First and Last, place all the relevant data sheets between First and Last, and use in the summary sheet:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(THREED(First:Last!$B$2)="Submitted"),THREED(First:Last!$D$21))

THREED is part of the free morefunc.xll add-in, which you need to download and install.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back