problem with drag and drop in windows

rmturtle

Can anyone PLEASE help me... I'm not much good with computers. About half an hour ago I tried to drag and drop a file. It seems I can't move anything using drag and drop. I can hilight and right click to copy and past, but when I highlight and try to move things it just doesn't work.

It doesn't work with navigator or within applications either. Can anyone help me please? :cry:

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I would first try rebooting the computer -- I know, sounds stupid, but it may be a problem with a running process. If that does not work then update your anti-virus program and try running a virus scan (there were viruses out a few years ago that caused problems such as the inability to copy/paste). Can't hurt to use one of the free online virus scan programs out their either.

Upvote 0
Thanks vconfused. I'm a BIG idiot, probably will be sent off this message board after this...

I rebooted. Twice. Ran the virus scan. Even tried starting in safe mode. Deleted a bunch of stuff off my computer. Tried anything and everything I could think of.

Well, After 3 hours of off and on trying various things... I realized that the magazine sitting next to my keyboard was actually pressing down the esc key the WHOLE TIME.

Thanks for your suggestions, though. I appreciate it. Nex time I post here, perhaps the best suggestion for me would be for me to turn my brain on... :oops:

Upvote 0
Or moving the magazine???

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back