Problem With Excel Time Sheet Formula

Robin1957

I have searched High & Low for this answer and am getting nowhere!

Does anyone know the formulas for the following:

in cell E4 I have 29:36 Mins (Standard Working Week Hrs)

Below I have the following Formulas for automatically working out Flexi Up or Down (This is not the problem)

In cell E13 I have =E4*1 (29:36)

In cell E21 I have =E4*2 (59:12)

In cell E30 I have =E4*3 (88:48)

In Cell E38 I Have =E4*4 (118:24)

etc etc etc......

Above each of these cells I have another cell where the user can change the weekly hours worked (for Flexi Purposes) i.e. Enter a change in working hours for that week.

My PROBLEM is when it comes to writing a formula to recognise (when it comes to adding up the hours worked that particular week) which cell (or cells) to include or exclude in the process as there are 4 to eight weeks on the flexi sheet.

I hope I have made this question understandable..

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
try this if i am reading correctly

working on the "another cell where the user can change the weekly hours worked (for Flexi Purposes)" being E5

Code:
=IF(E5="",E4*1,E5*1)

Upvote 0
AKA Trouble,

Thank you for replying but this is not the part of the sheet I am having problems with. E4 = where the user enters his/her main "Weekly Hours" . This is the cell where the default E13, E21, E30 and E38 total up "Default Weekly Hours" as the month progresses.

The cells above each of these being E12, E20, E29 and E37 are where the user enters (if required) a "Change In Weekly Hours" .

If the user enters a change in "Weekly Hours" In any of these cells Then I need to enter a formula in Cells E13, E21, E30 and E38 that will recognise this change of hours and adjust the totals accordingly.......

Upvote 0
ok so you want to add the difference from added hours to the default hours.

what happens if the added hours are less than the default.

you could use the same principle i have used above on each cell.

basically you would need 3 cells per week default hours / user defined / difference

there is several sums you could use to arrive at the difference ( which is the figure you would use to work out total hours)

you could have something like if user defined hours = nothing then use default, then if user defined is greater than default then use user defined

however we would need to know what to do if the user defined is less than the default.

you could simply sum all the user defined hours and take away the sum of default hours giving you a total difference which could be added or subtracted from the sum of total hours

hopefully this makes sense. can help with formulas but need better description of results required

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back