problem with lost sheets in 2003 excel file.

nac2000

Hello Friends, before anything let me tell you that I am not a regular computer user, I use computers since 1984, I like to build them and I regularly solve most of the problems I found with the software in my daily basis.
In 2008 I found what seemed an unreported bug in excel 2007 In those days I was still using office 2003, I switched to excel 2007 and I found that when I opened a file created in excel 2003 I lost 2 worksheets (default 2 and 3 sheets) and in the file just remained the worksheet numbered as sheet 1; first I panic searched in google but couldn’t find anything so what I did was reinstall the old version of excel and Voila, the lost pages came back, it was not a problem of the sheets been hidden, in other window or minimized, no they had gone. Based in this supposed bug, a few months after this founding I reinstalled the 2003 version of excel and I “hide”
Some important information in the sheets number 2 and 3 assuming that it would only be visible using that version of excel.
The years passed and I throw away the old software versions I used, now I need the information and it has not been possible to recover, I have tried everything, even buy a rig as the one I had back then and try to reinstall all the excel 2003 versions I found, I have tried combining with all the versions windows vista and windows xp; of course I have also tried newer versions and double check is not a problem of hidden sheets somehow. I also have tried some “tools” to recover corrupted files and so but nothing seems to work, do not remember the specific version I had but I remember it was not original.
I need the help of an expert.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Welcome to the forum.

I have to say I have never experienced, or even heard of, that issue before. Is it possible for you to post one of the files on a sharing site like Dropbox or OneDrive so that I can have a look at it?

Upvote 0
I understand but I’m afraid I can’t help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back