Legacy 487876

I have written the following macro
Sub Macro()
Dim LastBlankRow As Long
Dim Lrow As Single
LastBlankRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 12).End(xlUp).Row + 1

Cells(LastBlankRow, 12).Value = "1"

Workbooks("MASTER STOCK CARD.xlsm").Activate

Worksheets("Nail Cards").Range("C2:C4012").Find(Range("R7").Value).Offset(0, -1).Select

Lrow = Workbooks("MASTER STOCK CARD").Worksheets("Nail Cards").Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1

Workbooks("MASTER STOCK CARD").Worksheets("Nail Cards").Range("P" & Lrow & ":C" & Lrow) = Workbooks("MASTER STOCK CARD").Worksheets("Nail Cards").Range("P3:Q3").Value

End Sub

I am working on a set of stock control cards (68 individual cards) which have inputs in column “B” for the Quantity Sold and column “C” for the date sold. The quantity and dates are to be picked up from cells “P1” for the Quantity and “Q1” for the date.

The stock card to be selected for the input comes from cell “R7” This cell gives the item number (ie. The card number to have an entry made)

The existing macro below selects the right stock card numbered in range “R7” and places the cursor on the first entry row in column “B”

I now want to enter the quantity sold and the date in the next empty cell down.

HOWEVER no matter what I try I cannot get the cursor to move beyond Worksheets("Nail Cards").Range("C2:C4012").Find(Range("R7").Value).Offset(0, -1).Select.

The following last part of the macro is what I thought would input the data into the appropriate cells but does not appear to activate

Lrow = Worksheets("Nail Cards").Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1

Worksheets("Nail Cards").Range("B" & Lrow & ":C" & Lrow) = Worksheets("Nail Cards").Range("P1:Q1").Value

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi and welcome to MrExcel.

I'm a bit confused with your explanation and what you have in your code, some things don't match.
It would be best if you explained what the final objective is, help your explanation with an example of your sheet. Use the XL2BB tool minisheet to set your example.

Upvote 0
Hi and welcome to MrExcel.

I'm a bit confused with your explanation and what you have in your code, some things don't match.
It would be best if you explained what the final objective is, help your explanation with an example of your sheet. Use the XL2BB tool minisheet to set your example.

Upvote 0
MASTER STOCK CARD.xlsm
ABCJKLNOPQR
1DESKTOP215/01/2022
3NAIL SUMMARYITEM 1
4xxxUnit sell4.00
5Annular Ringshank 2.65 x 40mm Stainless Steel Re-order Qty0
6xxxStockist Y/NYES
7xxxPack Qty0ITEM1
8SALEDATERE-ORDERRE-ORDERRE-ORDERSUPPLIER
9QTYQTYUNIT COSTDATECOMMENTSQTY2
11DATE15/01/2022
Nail Cards
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
P1P1=R9
Q1Q1=R11
K4K4='NAIL SUMMARY'!F5
K5K5='NAIL SUMMARY'!J5
K6K6=IF(J10>=1,"YES","NO")
K7K7='NAIL SUMMARY'!G5
R7R7=IFERROR('[SALES 1.xlsm]SALES ENTRY'!W15,"")
R9R9=IFERROR('[SALES 1.xlsm]SALES ENTRY'!W26,"")
R11R11=IFERROR('[SALES 1.xlsm]SALES ENTRY'!$H$10,"")

This is the first time that I have used XL2BB so I hope that it comes to you ok. The final objective is to place the quantity and date of a transaction shown in cells P1 and Q1 into the next empty row in the SALE QTY and DATE columns.
I hope that this helps.

Upvote 0
This is the first time that I have used XL2BB so I hope that it comes to you ok.
The example is perfect!

Try this:
VBA Code:
Sub Test()
  Dim sh As Worksheet
  Set sh = Workbooks("MASTER STOCK CARD.xlsm").Sheets("Nail Cards")
  sh.Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).Resize(1, 2).Value = Array(sh.Range("P1").Value, sh.Range("Q1").Value)
End Sub

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Problem with writing VBA Macro
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Problem with writing VBA Macro
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Thank you. Being new to your forum and its operation it is a bit of a learning curve. I shall try not to this in the future

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back