Problem with Pivot Table - Unable to add calculated item - Any other way to make additional claculations based on the Pivot table?

hemotep

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I'm using Excel 2013. My Raw data has a column for tasks, a columns for branch and a column for status. There are 3 options for status (completed, Pending, Cancelled). I used a pivot table to count the number of cancelled, completed and pending tasks in every single branch. (I put status in the value area in the pivot table fields settings). I ended up having a pivot table with Branches names in rows and status in columns where i have the count of cancelled, pending and completed tasks. Now I'm trying to develop a chart for the completion rate in every single branch so I'm trying to add a calculated item and use this formula Completed/(Total-Cancelled) but i'm getting this error message ""If one or more fields in the PivotTable have calculated items, no fields can be used in the data area two or more times, or in the data area and another area at the same time. If you are trying to add a field, remove the calculated items and add the field again. If you are trying to add a calculated item, change the PivotTable report so that no field is used more than once and then add the calculated item."

As an alternative I tried to create a normal table and connect it to the pivot table using Getpivot however I got #REF error in some cells and things get messy as some branches disappear from the pivot table and when I use slicers and GetPivot can't deal with it. Is there anyway to fix the problem?

Thanks gor your help!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
May you give an example file for your data if I may help you with it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postman24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back