Problem with Radio Button's format control

darcyfournier

Board Regular
I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below)

Column A is the category

Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable, below, meets, exceeds, outstanding) with radio button options.

Column E is the ratings total for whatever rating above is selected 1-5 because their are 5 options

In the the first category Attire- it works perfectly. No matter what I select, it places the right value in BOX E in that row. If I select Unacceptable, it puts a 1 there..if I selected Outstanding it puts a 5.

However- when doing the same thing for the next category in the row below (Qaulity of work), instead of putting a 1-5, it adds one and my values are now 6-10.

How do I get the options buttons to only be 1-5 for each row?

1575601743795.png

Attachments

• 1575601570992.png
    1575601570992.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Really? No one has an answer?
I looked at your question yesterday but I surely do not understand what your wanting.

Do you plan to have option buttons on every row of your worksheet.

And maybe if you told us the ultimate goal we may have a better way of doing this

Upvote 0
You need to put them in a Form control Group Box

Upvote 0
Review the following to add a groupbox

Or you can also use Optionbutton Control ActiveX and put a name in the GroupName property for each pair of optionbuttons (category).

Upvote 0
Sorry all..I am trying to explain this as best I can, my apologies. let me try again.

"My answer is this" Thank you for your question for clarity- Yes, I intend to have option buttons on every row unless there is a better way to do this.

Fluff- I have not used group boxes before, and I would love to learn! Thank you.

Dante Amor- thank you for your reply, I will read that suggestion after I post the clarity below.

I am creating an evaluation template that will have rows of categories

Column A- Criteria B- Poor C- Below D -Meets E-Exceeds F- Outstanding G- Rating

A2- Work Quality b-2 Option Button Poor C- Option Button-below etc. which will place the value of the button selected (1-5) in that row in column G (rating total)

When I do row A2- it works perfectly. B2- Poor returns a "1" in the G rating box, C2 returns a "2" etc.

However, when doing this Row 3 instead of getting a 1-5 for the same categories, I am getting 6,7,8,9,10.

I am trying to have each row only return a 1-5.

How would I do this? I am going to have about 30-40 rows of eval criteria.

Thank you all so much!

Upvote 0
Rather than using loads of option buttons, why not just put an X into a cell with a formula in col G

Book1
ABCDEFG
2x1
3x2
5X5
6X4
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
G2:G6G2=IFERROR(MATCH("x",B2:F2),"")

Upvote 0
Or to prevent people selecting more than one cell

Book1
ABCDEFG
2x1
3x2
5X5
6xXSelect 1 cell only
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
G2:G6G2=IF(COUNTIF(B2:F2,"x")<=1,IFERROR(MATCH("x",B2:F2),""),"Select 1 cell only")

Upvote 0
Rather than using loads of option buttons, why not just put an X into a cell with a formula in col G

Book1
ABCDEFG
2x1
3x2
5X5
6X4
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
G2:G6G2=IFERROR(MATCH("x",B2:F2),"")

Thank you for this...I am trying to make the evaluation page as less manual input as possible as the evaluator has to manually enter notes on the performance plan and summary pages that follow it.

Upvote 0
Or to prevent people selecting more than one cell

Book1
ABCDEFG
2x1
3x2
5X5
6xXSelect 1 cell only
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
G2:G6G2=IF(COUNTIF(B2:F2,"x")<=1,IFERROR(MATCH("x",B2:F2),""),"Select 1 cell only")

Thank you for this...I really want the evaluator to be able to click the rating without manual input due to the amount of manual input they will need to enter in pages two and three (action plan and summary).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back