Problems posting sample data to MrExcel

Akashwani

First off I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area, I wasn't sure where to post this.

When I try to post a sample of my data eg a table of contents, the table loses all formatting, eg borders.
The data below was copied and pasted with borders, bold headings and the second row highlighted yellow.

Name Address City
Joe Bloggs 123 The Street New York
Bill Jones 987 The Avenue Bangkok
Jo Smith 1066 Some Place London
John Doe 1122 Over There Paris
Jane Doe 3333 Over Here Cairo
Bart Simpson 742 Evergreen Terrace Springfield
Jack Bloggs 123 The Street New York
Ben Jones 987 The Avenue Bangkok
John Smith 1066 Some Place London
Jack Doe 1122 Over There Paris
Jenny Doe 3333 Over Here Cairo
Lisa Simpson 742 Evergreen Terrace Springfield
Maggie Simpson 742 Evergreen Terrace Springfield
Tom Jones 987 The Avenue Bangkok
Tammy Jones 987 The Avenue Bangkok
Mel Smith 1066 Some Place London

Also when I want to BOLD text within a post, I get the text enclosed with instead of instant bolding, when I want to use smilies, I get this : ) style instead of the smiley when clicking on it.
I have recently changed my browser from A*L to G**gle Chr*me, will that have something to do with it?
Do I need to change settings somewhere?

My MrExcel edit options - Message Editor Interface is set to Enhanced Interface.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ak

Dunno... doesn't seem to be an upload option around here. For plain examples you can export to CSV and use pastebin.

It'd be great if this site allowed you to attach a workbook but it also might be a huge security risk.

Chrome tends to treat a lot of data as pure text (I guess). So when you Bold data browsers like IE and MF show the text in bold while Chrome gives the HTML tag to bold text.

I guess that's the same reason why you don't get properly formatted cells when you copy-paste directly from Excel.

The data below was copied and pasted with borders, bold headings and the second row highlighted yellow.
Not the answer to your overall problem, but don't expect it to look like a table in this particular forum since HTML is turned off in this forum (see bottom left of page)

I have recently changed my browser from A*L to G**gle Chr*me, will that have something to do with it?
I think it might, at least for being able to just copy a bordered area of a sheet. I'm not certain, but I think you need to be using Internet Explorer for that to work. I know that Excel jeanie as suggested by VoG does work with Google Chrome, and as he says has the added advantage of being able to display formulas. It can also display conditional formatting (and its underlying rules), data validation rules etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back