Problems with a multiple "If not intersect" code

MarcBeideler

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I've a problem with my Code.

Everything worked well till I had to insert another condition, which is the last "If Not Intersect" in my code below.

Maybe anyone could help me to make it work

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim c As Range
    Dim ws As Worksheet

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("N5:Q405")) Is Nothing Then
        For Each c In Target
        If c.comment Is Nothing And c.Value <> "" Then
            Sheet1.Unprotect Password:="pbmi1327"
            With c.AddComment
                .Visible = False
                .Text Application.UserName & " - " & Date & " - " & Time & " - " & c.Value
            c.comment.Shape.TextFrame.AutoSize = True
            Sheet1.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, AllowFormattingCells:=False, Scenarios:=True, Password:="pbmi1327"
            End With

ElseIf c.comment Is Nothing And c.Value = "" Then
            With c.AddComment
                .Visible = False
                .Text Application.UserName & " - " & Date & " - " & Time & " - " & "Deleted"
            Sheet1.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, AllowFormattingCells:=False, Scenarios:=True, Password:="pbmi1327"
            End With

ElseIf Not c.comment Is Nothing And c.Value <> "" Or c.Value = "" Then
            c.comment.Text Application.UserName & " - " & Date & " - " & Time & " - " & c.Value & vbNewLine & c.comment.Text
            End If

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("AC5")) Is Nothing Then
            Target.Copy
            Sheet1.Range("C5:C405" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
            End If
Next
End If
End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:
This line of code:
VBA Code:
Range("AC6:AC105").Copy Range("AD6")
copies the data in AC to column AD. This represent the data before any change is made in column F. When a change is made in column F, this part of the code compares the values in AC, which will have changed due to the change in column F, to the values in column AD. If the value in AC is different from the adjacent value in AD, the value of AC is copied to the bottom of column C.
VBA Code:
For Each rng In Range("AC6:AC105")
                    If rng <> rng.Offset(, 1) Then
                        rng.Copy
                        Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
                        Exit For
                    End If
                Next rng
If it is not working that way, it is hard to see what the problem is without having access to your file. If you can't upload the file, perhaps you could de-sensitize the data and copy/paste a dozen or so rows here.
Maybe ther was a misunderstanding.
My table goes from row 5 to row 405.
In column C is entered which test/exam it is (Ex. Maths) in the ne next rows are the date and time an in column F is entered the number of students who were not present (Example: Class has 25 students and for the test 6 students were sick and stayed at home, so the number 6 is entered in F5) By entering a number higher than 0 in column AC is generated "extra exam Maths".
So this is done for every row, so that in row 6 its "English" and 3 students were absent (Cell f6=3)so in cell AC6 is generated "extra exam English".
I want that if the value in a cell in the column F changes to a value higher than 0 (which generates the column AC), the value of that row in column AC is copied to the first empty cell in C, so that the list will be continued and filled automatically with the extra exams.

I tried your code but only the first code is pasted below independent of the row I changed the value in F

Hope this way it would be more comprehensive.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I want that if the value in a cell in the column F changes to a value higher than 0 (which generates the column AC), the value of that row in column AC is copied to the first empty cell in C
As I mentioned before, the only way we can tell if a cell in AC has changed, is to compare that value to the previous value. That is why all the previous values in AC are copied to AD. The code then compares the values in the two columns and copies any that are different in AC to the bottom of column C. If it is not working the way I described, I need to see how your data is organized including which formulas you are using.

Upvote 0
Try this version and see if it makes any difference.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Dim c As Range, rng As Range
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("F:F,Q405,AC5")) Is Nothing Then
        Range("AC6:AC105").Copy Range("AD6")
        Select Case Target.Column
            Case 14 To 17
                For Each c In Target
                    If c.Comment Is Nothing And c.Value <> "" Then
                        With c.AddComment
                            .Visible = False
                            .Text Application.UserName & " - " & Date & " - " & Time & " - " & c.Value
                            c.Comment.Shape.TextFrame.AutoSize = True
                        End With
                    ElseIf c.Comment Is Nothing And c.Value = "" Then
                        With c.AddComment
                            .Visible = False
                            .Text Application.UserName & " - " & Date & " - " & Time & " - " & "Deleted"
                        End With
                    ElseIf Not c.Comment Is Nothing And c.Value <> "" Or c.Value = "" Then
                        c.Comment.Text Application.UserName & " - " & Date & " - " & Time & " - " & c.Value & vbNewLine & c.Comment.Text
                    End If
                Next c
            Case Is = 6
                For Each rng In Range("AC6:AC105")
                    If rng <> rng.Offset(, 1) Then
                        rng.Copy
                        Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
                        Exit For
                    End If
                Next rng
        End Select
    End If
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back