Problems with formulas when adding or removing rows from tables

RogerPenna

Hello. Before anything else, I want to say that if there is a better formula/method to do what I am doing and that by itself solves the problem of the cells losing their "counting" when adding rows, or losing the reference when deleting rows, then I will use that method.

Basically, I created a topic structure for Activities in a yearly calendar. It's almost like a Gantt. There are three levels of "tasks and sub tasks"
1 Type
1.1 Primary
1.1.1 Secundary

kmFWsJb.jpg

I have 5 columns with formulas to determine the number automatically, plus 3 columns where I will write the Type of Activity (Tipo), then the Activity (Primário) and Sub-Activities (Secundário)

Based on the creation of types, activities and sub-activities, Excel automatically must create the numbering.

It's a bit complicated to explain, so I will annex the spreadsheet. The formulas are in the first 5 columns, which may be hidden. (the place where the numbering shows up is simply a concatenate)

hmmm... apparently i can´t annex anything...

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Funny, I am not finding the EDIT button anymore. Anyway, it seems I am not allowed to post attachments. Is there any suggested way to share a file at MrExcel?

Upvote 0
For information only

I think the EIDT times out after some minutes.

The only way to share a file is to upload the file to an online storage site and post a link to it, though some people may not download the file for fear of viruses.

Upvote 0
For information only

I think the EIDT times out after some minutes.

The only way to share a file is to upload the file to an online storage site and post a link to it, though some people may not download the file for fear of viruses.

I could try to show the formulas in the Excel table, but then, my Excel is in portuguese. It won´t help you guys (downloading the Excel file, Excel automatically translates the formulas to the language of the software.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back