Problems with formulas when adding or removing rows from tables

RogerPenna

Hello. Before anything else, I want to say that if there is a better formula/method to do what I am doing and that by itself solves the problem of the cells losing their "counting" when adding rows, or losing the reference when deleting rows, then I will use that method.

Basically, I created a topic structure for Activities in a yearly calendar. It's almost like a Gantt. There are three levels of "tasks and sub tasks"
1 Type
1.1 Primary
1.1.1 Secundary

I have 5 columns with formulas to determine the number automatically, plus 3 columns where I will write the Type of Activity (Tipo), then the Activity (Primário) and Sub-Activities (Secundário)

Based on the creation of types, activities and sub-activities, Excel automatically must create the numbering.

It's a bit complicated to explain, so I will annex the spreadsheet. The formulas are in the first 5 columns, which may be hidden. (the place where the numbering shows up is simply a concatenate)

hmmm... apparently i can´t annex anything...

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

RogerPenna

Funny, I am not finding the EDIT button anymore. Anyway, it seems I am not allowed to post attachments. Is there any suggested way to share a file at MrExcel?

Special-K99

For information only

I think the EIDT times out after some minutes.

The only way to share a file is to upload the file to an online storage site and post a link to it, though some people may not download the file for fear of viruses.

RogerPenna

For information only

I think the EIDT times out after some minutes.

The only way to share a file is to upload the file to an online storage site and post a link to it, though some people may not download the file for fear of viruses.

I could try to show the formulas in the Excel table, but then, my Excel is in portuguese. It won´t help you guys (downloading the Excel file, Excel automatically translates the formulas to the language of the software.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dwg

This Week's Hot Topics