Problems with sharing a workbook

Even

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

after finishing up my Excel model with a lot of help from you guys I am trying to share the workbook with multiple users. I have followed directions found on the Internet, but I get an error message when I try to open it in shared mode. The message is : "We found a problem with some content in "x file.xlsm". Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can?" It opens when I click yes, but I can't save it with the same name. It only has this problem in the shared version.

The file has many macros.

Does anybody know what the problem is and how to fix this?

Even

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Have you tried saving with a new name then checking to see if that version works correctly?

If it does then it should be as simple as deleting the original one then changing the name of the new one to whatever the original was called.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but it didn't work. However, when I clicked on yes to try to recover it, I was able to open it by "repairing or removing the unreadable content: Removed Records: Named range from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook)". I don't really know what this means though. Do I have a named range somewhere that it doesn't understand?

Upvote 0
It would be corrupt more than something that is not understood. If there was an error in a named range definition then it would still open properly, you would simply see #NAME? errors in the data where that named range was used.

If the named range has been repaired / removed then the next step would be to investigate the range that was specified to see if it is still there and functioning as needed, if not then make any changes needed to fix the problem from there.

The cause could be one single thing, or multiple things conflicting to cause a problem (depending on the complexity of the workbook). Even the simplest of shared workbooks tend to be unstable. I have used them in the past but they are best avoided where possible.

Upvote 0
Yes, actually I did. After many trials and errors I found out that I had a corrupt sheet within the workbook. The sheet was actually the front page where I had several boxes and I also had set a print area together with frozen cells.
I hope you figure it out :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back