Process improvement - Is there a more efficient way? 3 excel sheets

shakethingsup

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi may be confusing:confused:, but I'll try my best. The forum and members have helped me out twice before. I am trying to see if the process I'm following is the most efficient.

I am working with 3 different excel workbooks which can be combined into one.

1. workbook 1 - the template and ultimately the final product. The owner of the company prefers the workbook to look in a certain way - see image. This workbook has all the formatting and is the final product but is one month behind in information so we need to update it using workbook 2 and 3.
  • Every worksheet is a different property
  • Every worksheet looks the same i.e. the information begins on the same row/column
  • Arrears are Net O/S > $500.
  • Non-rental Arrears are Net O/S < $500.

MfA5hvi.png

2. In order to update workbook 1, workbook 2 (only has 1 worksheet) and 3 (only has 1 worksheet) are exported from our accounting software and then the worksheets are moved to workbook 1.

Workbook 2 (shown below) has all information (non-formatted 300-500 rows) in the above table except move in date. Workbook 3 has the move in date. In order to get workbook 2 to a usable state. I perform the following:

• delete blank rows, delete subtotal rows and delete all rows with net o/s amount < $10 using sort/filter.
  • I create a column called move in date (circled in red), and vlookup between workbook 2 and 3 to get the date
  • I then use a formula to search across all worksheets (shown below) to get comments from our OLD workbook 1 because these are still relevant

=VLOOKUP(A4,INDIRECT("'"&INDEX(SheetList,MATCH(1,--(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!$A$1:$c$4"),A4)>0),0))&"'!$A$1:$c$4"),2,FALSE)

DDjnbbn.png

Once this is done, I then copy and paste values back into workbook 1 by each property (worksheet).

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back