Production Schedule Problem

dbailey705

I am building a spreadsheet that will help schedule our weekly production. One of the things I am doing is moving data from one worksheet to another in order to show how much production needs to be done on certain days. The question I have is how can I divide the production up between different cells evenly. ( For example: I am going to produce 90 units on a Monday and on my master schedule page (which has all the days of the week)for Monday I have a cell that has "90" in the cell. I am moving that 90 over to a sepate worksheet that has our production lines and who will be responsible for production. If I am gonna to run the same product units on two or three seperate production lines, how can that 90 be divided equally between three seperate cells? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
I know I don't understand your problem, because, it seems to me that you want a value that is contained in a certain cell, to apear equally dived in three other cells, such as, if you have 90 in cell D2, you want 30 entered in cells A2, B2, and C2. If that is the problem, then, just enter, in A2, =$D2/3, and copy over to B2 and C2.

If I\the above is not what you are asking, please post a numerical example, with the data and the result(s) you expect.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back