Production schedulling (times of machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Legacy 480982

To anyone who can help!!??

Very new to excel but I know its magic (with the right person creating it).

So at my place of work, the first thing I do in the morning is print out all the jobs for each machine we have. Each machine may have 20+ jobs on (11machines in total). I then manually time up each job on the machine to be able to give transport a time when we expect the job to be ready. Its a 24/7 site with each shift starting a 6am, not starting the machine up till 6.30am and finishing 5.30pm to clean up. EXAMPLE: 16000 pieces @ 8000ph average run speed, would take 2 hours, plus 10mins for this particular machine (each machine has different run speeds and set up time) would mean they would finish 8.40am.

I can export my plan into an Excel spreadsheet.

Ideally I would like to drop this into a spreadsheet and it be able to calculate and say when each job will be off the machine. Job A: 8.20 Job B: 11.30 and so on.

Any help ? will be muchly appreciated!!

OK, that's good.
I'm on my way out of town this morning so won't get back at this until this evening.
Hopefully can post a sheet for your examination tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hope this is of some use.

The only formulas on the sheet are in row 4 and are used to establish the date/time from A6 for changeover/break times.
Cell A6 must be 6:00 AM and include the date to keep things simple crossing midnight. Everything else is done by macros.

The 3 buttons run the macros.

I don't know how you will populate the Feeds for the machine, I put what your picture showed onto sheet2 and use a macro to copy it over so I don't have to type in anything while testing.
The Load Data button copies data from sheet2 and calls the Insert_Checkboxes macro to put in the checkboxes.
The Calc Times button does just that. It is also run each time a checkbox is clicked.
The Clear Data button clears everything from row 6 down.

The checkboxes are linked to the cell they are on and will say TRUE or FALSE after clicking, if you don't like seeing this, format the cells font color to be white.
Columns F thru S can be hidden if desired.

Alt+F11 will take you to the VBA environment so you can see the macro procedures.

get the file here Box

I have no doubt this will need 'tuned-up' so let me know of any observations or questions.
Good luck with your project.

Upvote 0
Really appreciate this!! Will have a little play around (pretend I know what I am doing) and go on from there!! Will take your advice about some of the courses!! Will keep you updated with how I get on!! :)

Upvote 0
Hmmm.... I didn't say anything about any courses

You did read the forum rules when you joined, right?
Forum Rules require that you provide links to cross posts.
Read the link in Rule #13 to understand why

Upvote 0
Post 14 wasn't meant to scare you away, just to do things in the proper manner.

I've found your postings here, where it seems there was originally an issue with the title, and here where taking courses was suggested.
So far I haven't seen anyone else actually trying to solve your conundrum.
If you've posted this elsewhere please provide links to those posts too, thanks.

I was anticipating you returning to ask about automatically loading Feeds for all 11 machines either into individual sheets for each machine or all into one sheet, but now I don't know what to expect.

Anyway you had post 12 marked as solution, and now it's not, so I guess the balls in your court.

Upvote 0
Also have the same problem and seeing your post answers my problem, the only things is...I dont know anything about coding/macro/VBA. Have tried learning but my progress is slow. If I upload my spreadsheet to box.com and post the link would you be able to have a look at it for me and possibly provide some help? My break times are at the same time of day and for the same length. But I would need the breaks to be added to the "total run time".

Upvote 0
Duplicate to: Production plan, adding breaks to end time

In future, please do not post the same question multiple times. Per Forum Rules (#12), posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted.

In relation to your question here, I have closed this thread so please continue in the linked thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back