Production schedulling (times of machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Legacy 480982

To anyone who can help!!??

Very new to excel but I know its magic (with the right person creating it).

So at my place of work, the first thing I do in the morning is print out all the jobs for each machine we have. Each machine may have 20+ jobs on (11machines in total). I then manually time up each job on the machine to be able to give transport a time when we expect the job to be ready. Its a 24/7 site with each shift starting a 6am, not starting the machine up till 6.30am and finishing 5.30pm to clean up. EXAMPLE: 16000 pieces @ 8000ph average run speed, would take 2 hours, plus 10mins for this particular machine (each machine has different run speeds and set up time) would mean they would finish 8.40am.

I can export my plan into an Excel spreadsheet.

Ideally I would like to drop this into a spreadsheet and it be able to calculate and say when each job will be off the machine. Job A: 8.20 Job B: 11.30 and so on.

Any help ? will be muchly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Have created this so far, but now wanting to add planned shutdowns for shift change over and yea breaks. For now changeover lasts about an hour from 0530 to 0630 and again at 1730 to 1830. Tea break are every 2 hours and the duration of them are; 15mins, 30mins,15mins,30mins and 15mins.

Can someone help please?
Screenshot_20210709-225652_Excel.jpg

Upvote 0
Are you getting anywhere with this ?
Times can be challenging to work with, especially with times crossing midnight.

Are you open to a macro solution ?

I can export my plan into an Excel spreadsheet.
Yes, we can manipulate and test things on a spreadsheet but not on a picture.
Use MrExcel's xl2bb (I never have) or upload your sample Excel Spreadsheet to somewhere like dropbox and share a link to it here.
I personally use box.com as it's free and easy.

Upvote 0
Are you getting anywhere with this ?
Times can be challenging to work with, especially with times crossing midnight.

Are you open to a macro solution ?

Yes, we can manipulate and test things on a spreadsheet but not on a picture.
Use MrExcel's xl2bb (I never have) or upload your sample Excel Spreadsheet to somewhere like dropbox and share a link to it here.
I personally use box.com as it's free and easy.

Upvote 0
Other than an acknowledgement of having read my post, does that response mean anything?

Upvote 0
Other than an acknowledgement of having read my post, does that response mean anything?
Hi, yes it does thank you. My laptop is currently broken so have been doing this on my phone so unable to use those sites youve suggested.

Now trying to use a check box too add set up times to each job as some jobs are the same size and won't need the set up time allocated, so thinking that will help.

Still not sure what I should be doing to automatically allow for set break times? Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I played around for a while and came up with this, but not going to post the sheet until have some idea as to it being on the right track or not, adding a checkbox for setup time shouldn't be too much of an issue.
BennMcK.png

Upvote 0
That looks spot on mate, all the break times are right aswell as the shift handover :) Thank you btw!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back