Proetection keep you from viewing data in filtered rows.

cogswel__cogs

Board Regular
So I am using filters to hide data from users.
Depending on a login password. I un-filter or filter certain rows and then use filter refresh.

However I guess anyone can link to tab on another sheet or file and then just copy up or down and see the filtered rows.

Is there a way to stop this?

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

baitmaster

No, sorry

Excel is not a secure medium and you cannot hide anything from an experienced User. If using it to hold sensitive data - commercial, legally protected, GDPR etc - then you MUST take extra care when sharing it. Consider using VBA to generate subsets of results that get written to new files to share with individual Users

cogswel__cogs

Board Regular
Thanks for reply.
I figured that was case. It not an uber security issue so I just took name column moved it and only show it in that row if it is in filtered material.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kashyap44

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...