Professional Excel Development 2nd Edition

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
I love the way when you open up that link, it says that that book is frequently bought with Excel VBA Programming For Dummies (that's what it tells me, anyway). errrr.... some people clearly don't do their research. :eek:

So I guess that means customers are buying the Programming for Dummies and preordering the PED v2 at the same time. At least they have a couple of months to get up to speed! :ROFLMAO:

I'll be very interested to hear your reviews on it when you have your copies.

I love the way when you open up that link, it says that that book is frequently bought with Excel VBA Programming For Dummies (that's what it tells me, anyway). errrr.... some people clearly don't do their research. :eek:

So I guess that means customers are buying the Programming for Dummies and preordering the PED v2 at the same time. At least they have a couple of months to get up to speed! :ROFLMAO:

Rory made exactly the same point ;)

I guess the buyers are all "the glass is half full" optimists!

I wonder how much ribbon UI will be in the book (I still haven't touched anything to do with ribbon programming, and until work installs anything with the ribbon there's just no need). Also looking forward to their analysis of .NET programming with Excel.

Rory made exactly the same point.

I wonder how much ribbon UI will be in the book (I still haven't touched anything to do with ribbon programming, and until work installs anything with the ribbon there's just no need). Also looking forward to their analysis of .NET programming with Excel.
He did!? Well, you know what they say about great minds. :ROFLMAO:

I confess I've hardly touched the ribbon either. Simple fact is that I use Excel 07 at home, but at work we use 02 and 03 and I can't see an upgrade coming anytime soon. In fact, I'd be willing to bet money that the next version of Excel will be released before a work upgrade. Until my hand is forced and using 07 becomes more than a "hobby", I can't see myself getting involved in something as scary as a ribbon.

It is funny that you should mention that, but I was with a client this week who had done just that, their two VBA books were PED and Dummies. Needless to say, they didn't understand PED.

The ribbon isn't that scary, just hard work <g>. Ken has a pretty comprehensive, if rather dry, book on it.

If you want that, you should take a look at Ty Anderson's Apress book Professional Office 2007 Development With VSTO,

The ribbon isn't that scary, just hard work <g>. Ken has a pretty comprehensive, if rather dry, book on it.

If you want that, you should take a look at Ty Anderson's Apress book Professional Office 2007 Development With VSTO,

An Access MVP recommended The IDBE Ribbon Creator, available as shareware. It looks like it takes a lot of the XML drudgery out of building ribbons.

Denis

</g>

...I still haven't touched anything to do with ribbon programming, and until work installs anything with the ribbon there's just no need. Also looking forward to their analysis of .NET programming with Excel.

I confess I've hardly touched the ribbon either. Simple fact is that I use Excel 07 at home, but at work we use 02 and 03 and I can't see an upgrade coming anytime soon. In fact, I'd be willing to bet money that the next version of Excel will be released before a work upgrade. Until my hand is forced and using 07 becomes more than a "hobby", I can't see myself getting involved in something as scary as a ribbon.

Yup, pretty much the same for me. I've tinkered a bit at home and created one add-in that I now use at work that added a button on the ribbon. But until there's a gun to my head, getting adept at customizing the ribbon is just not going to get enough traction to work its way up my priority list. And I don't see my employer upgrading any time soon. Indeed, it would not surprise in the least if they skip Office 12 completely and eventually just move to Office 14 in a couple of years. Likewise, we're still on XP. I expect Vista will also get jumped over.

PED2, however will most definitely *NOT* get jumped over when it comes to me. I'll be preordering that baby here shortly. Gonna be Christmas in May, baby! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back