peter8848

Board Regular
Dear All,

We have data entry from one spreadsheet (A) to another (B) as below:

(A)
abcd

<colgroup><col width="64" span="5" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

(b) Instead of entering the cell as = A1 + B1 + C2 + D5 we need to enter as " = +99 + 99 + 66 + 92,

Is there any quciker way to do it or any possible vba solutions?

Cheers,

Peter

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Your showing us what sheet A looks like

But not what sheet B looks like.

And will it always be the same

A1 + B1 + C2 + D5

Show us what Sheet B should look like

With a few examples like two or more.

And what will activate this vba script.
You must take some action to run the script.

And provide real sheet names.

Upvote 0
Why not simply

Code:
=SUM(SheetA!A1:D1)

and drag down as required

Upvote 0
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your advice. I guess the manager prefer this way would be the number will never change and easy to search. Whereas we use sum(SheetA!A1:D1), the source data changed or file named changed everything is all over the place.

Cheers,

Peter

Upvote 0
Hi My Aswer is this,

In the spreadsheet B just say one cell I need to calculate the sum of certain cells from Speadsheet A and say the sum value stays in B2 in Speadsheet B.

So we would like to enter in B2 in spreadsheet B as "= +99 + 99 + 66 + 92" rather than "= SheetA!A1 + SheetA!B1 + SheetA!C2 + SheetA!D5 etc

Cheers,

Peter

Upvote 0
If the data changes the result changes ...unless you use different cells....which is then another issue
If the sheet name changes from Sheet A to something else....so does the formula on Sheet B
If the file name changes there is no affect on the data.
I guess the manager has always done it this way and won't adapt / change their ways in the name of efficiency.
I had a boss that always wanted to make sure the formulas on our huge worksheet were correct ( one row at a time)....I tried to explain that the formulas were input via VBA and if one was correct they were ALL correct....but he still spent hours poring over them !!!

Upvote 0
So are you saying you want a vba script to enter the Results in Sheets(B).Range("B2")
And activate the script when you double click on Range("B2")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a Boss once who wanted to check the results of a cells formula by enetering the data into his hand held calculator and see if the resuls were correct.
If the data changes the result changes ...unless you use different cells....which is then another issue
If the sheet name changes from Sheet A to something else....so does the formula on Sheet B
If the file name changes there is no affect on the data.
I guess the manager has always done it this way and won't adapt / change their ways in the name of efficiency.
I had a boss that always wanted to make sure the formulas on our huge worksheet were correct ( one row at a time)....I tried to explain that the formulas were input via VBA and if one was correct they were ALL correct....but he still spent hours poring over them !!!

Upvote 0
Hi Michael M,

I agreed with you based on two spreadsheets are opened on the same time so one changes and the other one changes too no matter what. However, if Spreadsheet B is closed but source data spreadsheet A is opened with changes like insert more roles, tab name changed then when you re-open Spreadsheet B you will get different value (inserted new rows from spreadsheet A) or N/A Value if tab name of Spreadsheet A is changed. Having them like numbers adding up then whatever changes in your source data will not affect as it is fixed and locked.

Cheers,

Peter

Upvote 0
Hi My Aswer is This,

Yes thinking about some VBA script which will help us to manually enter all the adding up like as "= +99 + 99 + 66 + 92" rather than "= SheetA!A1 + SheetA!B1 + SheetA!C2 + SheetA!D5

Cheers,

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back