Program slows as I use excel

Fire_Chief

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have created a program to track the NCAA March madness tournament. It has many many macros because it does so much and has so many user forms. The problem is after I use it a while it slows down considerably. If I reboot my computer it runs at full speed again.
Is there anything I can do to stop this slow down or another macro I can run to reboot the program.

Thank You
Marty

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
This could be caused by a EXCEL memory leak. EXCEL is very poor at releasing memory when it has finished with various objects. What I suggest you do is look at taskmanager ( assuming you are using windows) and check how much memory EXCEL is using, make a note of it. Then start using your program and make a note of the memory usage after every operation you do, If you find the amount of memory does just keep on increasing then you have got a memory leak. The next problem is to find out where it is coming from . Hopefully you can run the operations one by one or miss some out or put some dummy operatons in to identify where the leak is coming from. Once you have found out which module or modules is causing the problem. You can help excel control the use of memory by set all global objects to nothing once you have finished using them.

Upvote 0
That's a great idea. I will try it as soon as I can and I will get back to you. Give me a couple days..

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatong2008

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back