Programable Print Area?

komobu

Is it possible to adjust the print area program-ably?

I have a print area of say Cell A1 to Cell E50. This will do for 80% of my needs. Occasionally the table may extend another 15 rows or so. For this I would like to add a column F and use an "If" statement like If(E51 <>"", Set print area A1 to E51") then I could copy that statement down to E100 .

Is something like this possible?

Thanks for any help

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hello,

Just turn on your macro recorder ...

Once you have go through your process ... you will get a macro where you can insert all the variables you need ...

Hope this will help

Upvote 0
Are you in reality just trying to set the print to the last row in column E each time?

Upvote 0
Hello,

Just turn on your macro recorder ...

Once you have go through your process ... you will get a macro where you can insert all the variables you need ...

Hope this will help

Thanks james, but the sheet will be used by someone else. I was hoping to avoid macros if possible. I really have to make this sheet to be able to be used by people that dont know excel.

Upvote 0
No...I have notes and tax data on the page starting at row 100, and that stuff I dont want printed.

Is the next row after the row in column E that you want printed blank? is column F blank? and are there any blank rows or columns within the print area?

I was hoping to avoid macros if possible.
You won't be able to set the print area without using a macro or manually setting it each time. You can't do it with a formula. You can get the macro to run automatically when the sheet is activated, the workbook opened etc. but the user will still have to enable macro's.

Upvote 0
Thanks Eric, learnt something new today :)

Upvote 0
Great, glad we could help! :)

Mark, someday I hope to learn everything about Excel! I'm pretty sure that day will never come, but I'll keep working at it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back