Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
  5. 2011
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi. I read through Chip Pearson's Programming the VBA Editor and his examples are working for me. What I want to do is programmatically control the font in the VBE code modules without using the Font Dialog because that dialog does not exist on the Mac. After checking the Object browser, it doesn't appear that I can change the font using VBA, but I want a second opinion (hopefully yours!) just in case I am missing something.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi Jim,
these settings are on a Windows machine saved under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\6.0\Common\ -> e.g. FontFace, CodeForeColors, CodeBackcolors. I guess that stuff is in a plist file on the Mac, but I don't know where it would be and if they are updatable. So it might be that you can't change them with the menus (don't know why MS left it out), but you can probably directly go to the core of your system.
G'luck,
Koen

Upvote 0
As it turns out they recently added the dialog that lets you customize the fonts in the VBE. It's in the VBE Preferences. The font size feature is broken, so I sent in a bug report to Microsoft, but at least I know where the settings are now. Thanks for replying! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjohnson1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back