Progress indicator in the form of a green bar that shows the percentage of work done on a project ?

xPukwe

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi evrybody,

I would like to say that i am a total beginner in VBA, and that i need your help in regards to wether the things i am trying or wanting to do are even possible to
do whit excel VBA,

I am currently working on a workbook that tracks the overall productivity of a consultant,

So each consultant has multiple Deliverbales(projects) that he works on in a month, and the team leader tracks their productivity by matter of weeks
For example consultant N°1 has 3 projects that he has to deliver in that month and each project has a certain time to spend on (for example Project N°3 : 10 days)

One of the things i did is to have each consultant log in to the file using a userform that demands their ID (Their Names) and Password (Just numbers going from 10, 20,...,100) ,
then with the name of the consultant (entered in the ID textBox of the userform) i filter the data present in the worksheet so that he can focus only on the rows that concern him and not have to filter them himself,

I gave the consultant access to the worksheet where he will enter his time spent on each project that he is working on in that month and i gave the team leader admin
access to a bunch of other worksheets such as the tracking of the productivity of each consultant, some other compagny info that ,normally whit the workbook that they
gave me, everybody has access to those infomation and that the team leader dosen't want them to be able to see it the future,

After the consultant logs in to the workbook, i want to prompt him whit a userform that asks him to choose project of the projects that he works on in that monthand then the week(S1, S2, S3 , S4), that he wants to fill in whit the amount of time that he has worked on that project ,
After that show him the amount of work that he still has left to do(For example, he has 10 days on project N°3 and that the first week he did 3 days of work so the "Rest to be done" will be 7 days),

I want to have some sort of a progress indicator in the form of a green bar that shows the percentage done of that project,

Thanks in advance if anybody has any suggestion to what i am trying to do, i put some photos to help you get the idea :)

xPukwe,

Attachments

• progress indicator.PNG
    progress indicator.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 12
  • CDC_2.0.PNG
    CDC_2.0.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prabhuk279

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back