Project Explorer: Why do modules/forms for opened workbooks remain visible after 1 workbook was closed?

Ironman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I often have 2 workbooks open at once and then close one of them. At the moment the modules/forms for the closed workbook are still visible in the Project Explorer, which I find annoying.

Is there anything I can amend so that if I close one of the workbooks then the modules/forms for the closed workbook also close in the Project Explorer?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I just tried an example of that and couldn't duplicate it. I have seen that happen once in a blue moon. I attributed it to lack of computer resources (memory and the number of open applications).

Upvote 0
Thanks for your suggestion Jeff, although that isn't the case with my own PC, which is pretty highly spec'd.

Upvote 0
Yes, just two workbooks. Not sure what you mean by "simple" though? Both workbooks contain a fair amount of code and neither of them are linked to any other workbooks.

Upvote 0
The VBA Project for the 2 test workbooks I just created was visible when they were open, then disappeared when I closed them.

Upvote 0
Hypothesis: The problem only occurs in workbooks that have macros that run when the workbook is trying to be closed.

Try commenting out the code in those macro laden workbooks so that no macros run when the workbooks are being closed and do a test to see if the project explored disappears.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back