Project for works rota : guidance appreciated...

conuk

Hi,

I am trying to create a project that will allow me to type in the weekly rota for my staff at work.

I`ve achieved (one way or another!) the layout and formulas etc for this... but am now trying to create an addon part to be displayed and calculated and thus giving me a `hourly body count` of staff - the numbers working per hour so to speak.

Im a bit stuck on how to achieve this extra part....

Ive managed to create the report that I want but have to manually add the data - what I want is to type in the hours for the staff - the rota is produced and calculated and the body chart/graph is taken from this.... kinda hard to explain.

Would anybody care to have a look at my project and help out with some pointers ?

thanks in advance.
:rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
conuk said:
Hi,

Would anybody care to have a look at my project and help out with some pointers ?

thanks in advance.
:rolleyes:

Hi Conuck
Welcome To The Board

It has been my experience here at Mr Excel to post a shot of your sheet or provide as much detail as possible to what you want ....
Work in steps and use the search for what you already know you want ....

Someone will help you shortly !!

Upvote 0
thanks for the heads up :biggrin:

Ok a few images - 1st picture is the main rota ; start and end time are entered and sheet calculates the number of hours and costs etc. This works fiine.

mainrotacopy.jpg
[/img]

My company require me to hand in with this rota what is called an hourly chart. At any one time the PM can look at a time (in hourly intervals) and see how many staff are on the department. (original below)

blankhourlychart.jpg

What I require is the data to be filled in on a sheet like the above using the rota I made.

I can do something similar to what I want by manually adding the data (by adding a 1 for present or 0 in each box) to the sheet below - this works fine - but again I wish to achieve this by just entering the data into the rota.

hourlydata.jpg

Hope this kinda makes sense - what I need is a formula to fill in the boxes to say.... Employee lee is working 7am to 4pm etc... 2 more are working the same shift > then the hourly chart reflects 3 people 7am > 4pm.

Hope this is clear ?! :oops:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back