Project Plan Dependencies Formula

treeleaf20

Board Regular
I have a project plan that works fine. I'd like to add a column for dependency and the date would be updated based on the finish date of the row id that is entered. Any suggestions on if this is possible?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Can you explain a little more, what's required? May be me being thick, but I can't work out what you want...

Upvote 0
Sure. I have a start date in column I and a finish date in column J. In column H I have a dependency and then in column A I have an ID. Basically what I'd like to do is if someone enters in a dependency in column H (could be a comma separated list), I'd like to find the latest finish date from the list and then for the row the dependency was entered on I'd like update the start date to be the next working day.

For example, see below:
IDDependencyStartFinish
107/01/201907/12/2019
207/04/201907/09/2019
307/09/201907/11/2019
41,2,307/15/201907/16/2019

<tbody>
</tbody>

You can see that the start date would be updated to the next working date from the latest finish date determined from the list of dependencies.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
... so, if I understand your scenario correctly, someone has entered "1,2,3" as a dependency, into the row for ID4.
Shouldn't the Start date for ID4 now show "07/17/2019" - as the latest Finish date in your example is 07/16/2019, and you want to display the date of the next working day?
Why's it showing 07/15/2019?

Upvote 0
I only want it to calculate the start date for the row that has the dependency. So in this example it would find that the finish date of the rows that are dependencies is 7/12/2019. The next working day is 7/15/2019 so that would populate the start date to be 7/15/2019 and then the finish date is a formula as well that is calculated by another row not seen here since I just need the start date calculated.

Upvote 0
Maybe this...

Formula in C5
=IF(B5="","",WORKDAY(AGGREGATE(14,6,D$2:D4/ISNUMBER(SEARCH(A$2:A4,B5)),1),1))

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back