Project timesheet help

BMWE65

Hey all,

Just thought I would try asking to see if a solution is possible for my spreadsheet.

It’s quite difficult to explain, but will give it my best shot.

My project based spreadsheet contains around 17 different tabs. Each tab represents data for a customer. The data on each tab helps me to create an invoice in our billing system.

The data that is held on each sheet includes hours worked (and dates), the labour charge and expenses for each project member that has worked on that project/for the customer.
Towards the bottom of the sheet are various totals (auto sums) and formulas which calculate various things (such as VAT and mark up) and all work with no problems.

I can then take the data from the bottom of each sheet to help me to produce an invoice in our billing system, (the spreadsheet is also sent to the customer, as it contains the on-going data that was used to produce the invoice as well as an actual cost to date).

It’s really important that the data on each tab contains all of the hours worked, labour charges and expenses since day 1 of the project start date.
This means that when I come to produce an invoice for the previous 3 month’s work (for a project that has been running for 12 months), I have to highlight and delete the previous 9 months data in order for the totals and formulas at the bottom of each sheet to represent the previous 3 months work. Once I have noted down the figures, I can do a CTRL+Z (undo) and all of the data comes back.

I have to ensure that the total project cost to date (i.e., the total costs since day 1) is displayed on each sheet as Sheet 1 of my spreadsheet is a summary of how much each tab (project/customer) has cost to date.

I have also been told that I am not allowed to insert any more tabs into the spreadsheet.

So the question I have is that is it possible to simply me obtaining the values I want for any given period on each tab/customer sheet.

Whilst it does not take long to highlight and delete the data (albeit temporarily), I have to be super careful of what data I am deleting as well as ensuring that I remember to click “undo” to bring the data back.

Any ideas or thoughts would be really good. I hope the above makes sense, but if not, I shall try to explain better if required!

We are using Excel 2007 at work.

Thanks guys!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back