Prompt user to change a value at new month

FlashHazzard

I have a database where I need to prompt the user to change a specific code number when a new month begins.

I have tried using the following (C is the assigned date column and F is the code # column)): =C18<=EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1). This does highlight the code column cell but I want it to apply to only the cells that has a code number of "1".

Or is there a better way to automatically change the code number once a new month has begun using another function or macro?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Welcome to the Board!

I have tried using the following (C is the assigned date column and F is the code # column)): =C18<=EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1). This does highlight the code column cell but I want it to apply to only the cells that has a code number of "1".
Maybe something like this:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=AND($C18<=EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1),$F18=1)[/COLOR]

Upvote 0
That did it! I had tried the $F18=1 in the front of the EOMONTH with no luck but didn't think to try it on the back end. Kind of a hand-to-forehead moment. Thanks for the help and time on the solution.

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
In the AND function, the order of your arguments doesn't matter (since they all need to be true anyway), so you could switch them around and have the $F18 first and it should still work the same, i.e.
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=AND([/COLOR]$F18=1,$C18<=EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back