Proof of Concept

JAlbury87

Hi All

i have a project that is outside of my current skill set. I'm not asking for someone to do it for me.
sorry if this makes no sense.
just want to make sure
1. if my idea is even viable
2. suggestions on possible area's issues may arise.
3. am i using the correct terminology.
4. people to point me in the right direction and what things ill need to learn.
i am currently using dynamic ranges/basic pivot tables and have little knowledge of macro's
no experience in userforms

The workbook is used for reporting non-compliance's over a broad range of reasons to supervisors and management

A. A UserForm to add lines to a Dynamic Range(hidden sheet) which will auto update my pivot table.

B. If Userform input = "Supervisor A's Employee" then "email Supervisor A notifying him of compliance failure" requesting response with location of workbook in shared drive. VLOOKUP (secondary range) Macro for email? Possible follow up email if no response detected with 48hrs to include "supervisor A and Manager A"

C. an email back to me once "Supervisor A/Manager A" has edited workbook and left response.

D. Is it possible to predetermine filters if "supervisor A" loads workbook.

Note: there will be 6 managers - 15 supervisors and 200-300 employee's (how should i break it down)

any help is appreciated and ill do my best to answer any questions you might have that will help. i realize this might be difficult as currently it is only a concept and i cant provide actually issues or samples.

Cheers

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
audits find the non-compliances, audit reports detail them together with corrective actions and time scales. Audit dept will REPORT non compliances and track corrective actions in their monthly audit report, including over-due actions which are reported to higher authorities in the relevant area. This worked for a company with 10000 employees. It is the responsibility of the department head to organise suitable and sufficient corrective actions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back