Proper way to copy

WOakes

Is there a proper way to copy a worksheet or workbook without missing up all the formulas or content of the workbook? I also do not want to see where the workbook came from or the parent workbook. Every time I copy I can see where the workbook originated from, I do not want to link back to that copy or template. Thank you for help. :oops:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
What kinds of formulas do you use?

With normal use your copy will not relate to the parent workbook file.

Upvote 0
If you are looking to copy a whole sheet into a new workbook, try the following - the formatting and data will be the same

Right click on the sheet tab, click on "Move or Copy", Click on the "Creata a copy" check box, then click on the drop down below "To Book" to bring up "(new book)". Click OK and a copy of your existing sheet appears in a new book, with the exixting one staying put.

Mark :)

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for help. I need more help with copying a whole file or workbook. I know about copying the sheet, which works well. Sometimes when I copy a whole file which should only contain the information for me to start out is sometimes not correct. The file I make a copy of tells where the copy was made from in the address section of the cells which alters my formulas in the cell. How do I make a clean copy? Thank You :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
how did you make the copy?

I believe if you use workbooks("workbookname").copy nothing strange will happen.

Upvote 0
The way I make a copy:
I right click the workbook
Hit copy
Go to the place where I want to place the copy and rename it
Sometimes it is ok and sometimes it is not.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back