Protect Pivotchart, but leave it selectable?

Hi all,

I'm trying to lock down a spreadsheet so that users can change a Pivotchart using slicers, but not in any other way as I need data rounding as a calculated field. I can do this, but only by locking the Pivotchart, which means the user can't select it. This is a problem because I want them to be able to select the chart to copy it into Word docs, presentations, etc.

Is there a way to allow the user to select the Pivotchart, but not be able to view all the fields?

Thanks in advance!
CSBBB

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Never mind, found it! For reference, I used this code:

Code:
Sub ShowPivotTable()
Dim pf As PivotField
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1)
.EnableWizard = True
'.EnableDrilldown = True
.EnableFieldList = False
.EnableFieldDialog = False
.PivotCache.EnableRefresh = True
'For Each pf In .PageFields
'With pf
'.DragToPage = False
'.DragToRow = False
'.DragToColumn = False
'.DragToData = False
'.DragToHide = False
'End With
'Next pf
End With
End Sub
which is from http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/434469-lock-protect-pivot-table-layout.html

Thanks all the same!

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjw

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...