Protect Sheets, protect formula, table,

shahravi14

Hey I have a sheet with my data arranged in several tables in the same sheet. My tables have some cells with formulae and some other cells which is required to be keyed in the by the user. I need to protect the cells with formulae from being accidently manupulated by the user. For this is changed these cell properties from "Format Cell" Option as "Locked Cell".
But my real problem starts now, if I protect the sheet in the normal way, the formating of formulae cells works but at the same time it does not allow me to automatically extend my table as I type (or hit a TAB in the last Bottom Right-Cell in the table) below the last entry in the table.

If any one can let me know how to solve this problem.

BenMiller

Board RegularThe ONLY cool kid on the block
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Part of locking sheets means you cannot resize objects. What version of Excel are you using?

BenMiller

Board RegularThe ONLY cool kid on the block
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I'm not familiar with 2007, but I know that in 2010, when you lock a sheet, a list of about twenty options comes up and you can select which permissions you want to give locked users. Enable them to resize/insert objects and they should be fine ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankur Teotia

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...