Protecting my spreadsheet doesn’t work

Girlboss3036

Office Version
  1. 365
In my business, I’ve created loan formulas that apply to financing for our business. I’ve been able to develop this over 3000 hours of studying and also my time that I spent in the financing industry. I use it to send financing options to our customers. Our sales guys could really benefit from having access to it instead of depending on myself or someone else to send the options for them. Extremely proprietary information. I would like to find a way to protect my Excel spreadsheet so that I can share it with the account managers, but not have them ever be able to duplicate it or see any of the formulas. This is preventative in case any of them ever go and try to start there and company or work for a competitor someday. so excel has a way to protect your spreadsheet and hide formulas but if you export the spreadsheet into Google sheets, then it removes the protections that you’ve set into place. My Internet people tell me that there’s no way to do what I’m trying to do, and I am inclined to believe them because they are extremely smart, but I just feel like there has to be a way for me to be able to send this to them, and them not be able to export it and gain access to the formulas but still USE it.
Can you help?

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Excel is not a secure platform. Any protection you can put on a workbook can be broken.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back