Protecting Worksheets

vaidehee

Hi,

I have a rather complex problem, I have created a sheet with a lot of hidden sheets and calculations etc etc. This sheet is password protected. However I realise that if one copies the sheet using key board shortcuts like Control C and pastes the data on another sheet, the whole sheet can be viewed. Since the data is confidential, is there any manner in which the data can be secured.

Thanks

Vaidehee

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Good morning vaidehee

There are quite a few Excel sites on the net that list the code to disable the cut and copy facility – and re-enable it when the relevant workbook is closed.

http://www.xcelfiles.com/VBA_Quick13.html

BUT

Do NOT trust confidential information in Excel. Workbook/worksheet protection can be opened faster than you can protect it. If your users are savvy enough, and want to see the information enough to do a Google search they’ll be able to open the protected sheets. Excel is not a secure environment.

HTH

DominicB

Upvote 0
Hi Dominic,

Thanks a lot for the reply, Infact I was just trying to install the Ultimate Add in, and would like to know how to install the same

Upvote 0
Hi vaidehee

I assume that you've actually copied the files to your hard drive (either manually or via the installer).

Once this has been done open Excel and go to Tools > Add-Ins. Click the browse button to locate the file to wherever it has been installed to, make sure the check box for it is ticked and click OK.

HTH

DominicB

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back