Protection of cells & Limits to scrolling.

joeq

Board Regular
Hi again.

Thanks so much for the SUMPRODUCT help. Perfecto!

I have a workbook where every cell of every tab is enterable.

I need a way to simply (ha) protect every cell that currently has a formula so the user doesn't accidently remove it.

On a (sort of) related note.... how do you prevent a user from scrolling into lets say 'off limit' :oops: areas. I currently have totals, and sources for drop down list at the bottom and sides of some worksheet that I don't want the user to ever be able to scroll to.

Thanks a mil.

Joe

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

shajueasow

Hi,
To set the scroll area : from HELP File:
ScrollArea Property
See AlsoApplies ToExampleSpecificsReturns or sets the range where scrolling is allowed, as an A1-style range reference. Cells outside the scroll area cannot be selected. Read/write String.

Remarks
Set this property to the empty string ("") to enable cell selection for the entire sheet.

Example
This example sets the scroll area for worksheet one.

Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "a1:f10"

To protect your cells with formulas, select all cells and then through Format>Cells>Protection Tab, Un check Locked. Now select those cells with formula and again through Format>Cells>Protection> Check the Protection box and then Password protect your worksheet.
HTH

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManuW