Publishing into Word - losing format

sarcasmic

Hello,

I've created a database that has all the intermation that I need at the moment, and I've created a report that pulls all that information together the way I'd like...but whenever I publish the file into Microsoft Word, it loses the pictures and borders that are in the report, and just takes the text over in rich text format.

Is it possible to generate a word file that looks exactly like the report that I've generated, with pictures and everything?

I was able to "print" the file in the Microsoft Document Image format, and convert that to .pdf to distribute, but I'd like my users to be able to type in their response information in the blank fields provided in the report. So I want to be able to lock all the information that I am sending them, and only allow them to type in the blank fields.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
One option:

Create a Word Document, formated to look the same as you Access report and feed your data to this document via VBA. Look up CreateObject in Access.

Upvote 0
This can also be done in word using a mail merge function.

If the data you require in the word doc is stored in a table you can set up the word doc in the required format and use text boxes that are linked to the table. (via ODBC or something) No code required.

When this connection to word is set up it is much like building a form, you just insert a text box where it is required & when you preview the doc it is populated.

If there are many records in the table this will produce 1 page per record.

hope this helps

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back