Pull data from different tab, same row, different column

NChristy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a monthly labor report for which I would like to pull the estimated costs from a secondtab and sum it with the data in the first tab based on searching a column in tab 2 for the text that matches the cell a column in the first tab. So it looks something like setup:

Tab 1
Table 1
Cell A4Cell O4Cell O5
Client nameCost $pull data from tab 2 column M of the same row that is column A and matches client name in A4-tab 1 to client name in A5-tab 2
Tab 2
Table 2
Cell A5Cell M5
Client nameCost $

Does this make sense or should I upload an example? I'm working with confidential info so I can't upload exactly what I need.I've tried using index and match but can't get the formula right. This is what I have so far but I know it is incorrect:

'=IF(index(TaskHoursSummary!A4:A108, match( JobCostItemSummary!A4,TaskHoursSummary!A4:A108,0),TaskHoursSummary!M3:M110))

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I can suggest for you to download this add in and mock up some test data that replicates your problem. Using the add in you can highlight the cells you want to show here and use the add-in, it will then place a copy visually of what you are doing in excel. With a better set of data and also intended results I am sure someone will come up with something. Hard to understand what your talking about.

Link: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Upvote 0
How about
=iferror(index(TaskHoursSummary!M$4:M$108, match( A4,TaskHoursSummary!A$4:A$108,0),0)+O4

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back