Pull data to new sheet from a specific data set (column)

joach

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I really hope some genius can help me.

Excel in Office 365.

I have a spreadsheet that contains an array of data (column A-Q and row 2-10,000)

The data that I have is generated from 34 sheets within the spreadsheet (I have converted each sheet into a table) and have been collated all of the data on one sheet using a query.

The data that I'm interest in is located in Column E which contains the general descriptions of the product. I have set up condition formatting that responds to key words i.e hat, beanie, etc, which highlights the cell green.

what I want to do is extract the entire row (A-Q) when the conditional formatting is triggered for a key word and export the entire row into a new sheet named "headwear".

In the future I want to be able to set up separate sheets for different categories such "outerwear", "accessories", etc.

The issue I have is the descriptions coming in (located in column E) are not a one word categorization 'beanie' they are more of a sentence / paragraph, an example would be.

"Hi thank you for your time, I have an issue with the beanie that I bought a couple weeks ago the tread is coming loose, could I please arrange a replacement"

As a result I want to be able to identify the word 'beanie' from the text and then export the row it is associated with into a separate sheet, much like a filter.

Is this possible and if it is can someone please help me out
smile.gif

Joach

I am looking at your other thread Please Help - Criteria wording - Three (3) date ranges in for advance filter. and am a bit concerned that you are dabbling in a lot of functionality for the first time at the same time.
Here you have said you used query and are being introduced to Advance Filter and the new Filter function.

In relation to this thread, have you considered continuing on with Power Query, this could then be applied to the next thread as well.
Here is an 18 min video from Wyn Hopkins which seem to be aligned with the direction you are heading in.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back