Pull Down List with variable inputs

gord9b

Board Regular
In response to an earlier request, I was able to create a pull down list in a column. Now I need to create a second pull down list with the values depending on the selection of the first pull down list.
If value "A" is selected in the first list, the second list is to show the values in range B1:B100. If "B" is selected, the values in the second list is to show the values in range C1:C100. If "C" selected, the range should be D1:D100 and so on. How do I set this in the second pull down list?

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
On 2002-09-19 06:17, gord9b wrote:
In response to an earlier request, I was able to create a pull down list in a column. Now I need to create a second pull down list with the values depending on the selection of the first pull down list.
If value "A" is selected in the first list, the second list is to show the values in range B1:B100. If "B" is selected, the values in the second list is to show the values in range C1:C100. If "C" selected, the range should be D1:D100 and so on. How do I set this in the second pull down list?

Assuming the cell link of the first drop down list is in cells A4, create a dynamic range by selecting Insert > Name > Define from the menu, enter InputRange as the range name and
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,Sheet1!$A$4,100,1)
in the refers to box. Click OK.
Link the second drop down box to the range InputRange.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I believe that you can also use the indirect function within data vaildation to do what you want. To find out more, please seach under shaikhiy and you will see someone who came up with the idea. I learnt this one ono this site too.

Try it out..I think it is what you want.

Cheers

Imran

Upvote 0
Hi,

I believe that you can also use the indirect function within data vaildation to do what you want. To find out more, please seach under shaikhiy and you will see someone who came up with the idea. I learnt this one ono this site too.

Try it out..I think it is what you want.

Cheers

Imran

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DumbFinanceBro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back