Pulling Excel Data - Origin Sheet Layout Different Than Destination Sheet Layout

caralynn

Hello Everyone,

I am familiar with pulling cell values from one worksheet to another, however, I am having issues with differing worksheet layouts. Here is my problem:

I work as a paralegal and need to keep time for billing purposes. My boss requires we fill out a template and it can only be done by hand as the document is in PDF from. There are 4 entry boxes to a page. I reconstructed the form on a worksheet which I would like to use as my destination worksheet. My origin worksheet is laid out simply. Each time entry takes up one line with various information that I would like to populate into the timesheet form. I manually established the origin values in the destination cell on my first timesheet page. I wanted to high light and drag the entire page down, however, the formulas do not follow in the pattern of the origin worksheet. Is there any way to fix this? I have included images below if that helps.

THEBlonde_Cara's Library | Photobucket

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Hello Everyone,

I am familiar with pulling cell values from one worksheet to another, however, I am having issues with differing worksheet layouts. Here is my problem:

I work as a paralegal and need to keep time for billing purposes. My boss requires we fill out a template and it can only be done by hand as the document is in PDF from. There are 4 entry boxes to a page. I reconstructed the form on a worksheet which I would like to use as my destination worksheet. My origin worksheet is laid out simply. Each time entry takes up one line with various information that I would like to populate into the timesheet form. I manually established the origin values in the destination cell on my first timesheet page. I wanted to high light and drag the entire page down, however, the formulas do not follow in the pattern of the origin worksheet. Is there any way to fix this? I have included images below if that helps.

THEBlonde_Cara's Library | Photobucket

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Fix What?

Upvote 0
Not sure what the deal is with that Photobucket but it doesn't display your pics!

How about you upload your file and post a download link?

Upvote 0
That's what I will do tomorrow when I am back at my work PC...I had to make a dummy workbook so as not to expose client information.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back