Pulling only certain text criteria into another cell

KayCee

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that can automatically generate meeting dates in a year. I have the current spreadsheet below where I have a dropdown option for column D and a formula in Column E of =LET(s,SWITCH(D2,"Annual",12,"Semi-Annual",6,"Tri-Annual",4),IF(D2="","",TEXTJOIN(", ",,TEXT(EDATE(B2,SEQUENCE(12/s,,s,s)),"mmmm 'y")))). For Column A, I need to be able to pull the months generated in column E and create duplicates for a household if there is more than one month listed in E. This would allow me to sort the spreadsheet my months so we can see who we need to meet with in a given month. Is it possible to do this?

1643829218630.png

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Whatever comes after the in is just the name of the last step used in the query. The unicode character (the arrow) shouldn't cause issues as I've used them as column headers in the past too, but try removing it to see if that fixes things.
Now I'm getting the error code below. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it.
1645476269283.png

Upvote 0
Sorry. Thanks for the extra ping. That step is in the wrong format. The column names are nested in braces, meaning the Table.DuplicateColumn step only has two parameters: a name, and a second one which it cannot recognize. It should look something like
Power Query:
= Table.DuplicateColumn(#"Changed Type All Cols", "Meeting Months", "Meeting Months - temp")

Did you try to delete and recreate the step using the GUI buttons? Sometimes it is easier just to redo the step with the ribbon buttons or mouse right click (and then have PQ automatically create the M code) then to try to figure out all of the syntax error minutia. The braces only come into play when you are renaming multiple columns in one step, but again, it's much easier to just double click the column headers to rename them yourself and have the system create the code for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back