Pulling or Viewing Rows from a Primary and Secondary Worksheets

LAAdams17

Board Regular
I am trying to develop a view of related projects. In my workbook I have the following worksheets:
  • Master Projects: I enter the data into this high-level project worksheet. I enter a high-level project name that will be used to associate lower-level projects.
  • SPI Projects: The data in this lower-level project worksheet is refreshed from a SharePoint site. It contains a list of lower level projects and information on them.
  • BKI Projects: The data in this lower-level project worksheet is refreshed from a SharePoint site. It contains a list of lower level projects and information on them.
  • Other Projects: I enter the data into this lower-level project worksheet.
There can be multiple or no entries from each of the lower-level project worksheets associated with each master project.

What I'm trying to solve for is some sort of view that for each master project, info is shown from the Master Project worksheet and below that row, rows for all associated entries in the lower-level project worksheets.

My thought to create the associations is by creating another worksheet I'd call 'Links':

Link#Master#SPI#BKI#Other#
1​
1​
2​
4​
2​
1​
2​
5​
3​
1​
4​
4​
1​
1​
5​
2​
7​
5​
5​
2​
6​
2​

For example, Link#1 indicates that the Master Project 1 is associated with SPI Project 2 and BKI Project 4. My objective would be for each unique item to be listed. Based on above:
  • The first section of data rows would begin with a row for Master#1 with the following below it:
    • A row for SPI#2
    • Row for SPI#4
    • Row for BKI#4
    • Row for BKI#5
    • Row for Other#1
  • The 2nd section of data rows would be for Master#2 with the following below it:
    • Row for BKI#6
    • Row for BKI#7
    • Row for Other#2
    • Row for Other#5
I'd REALLY APPRECIATE thoughts on how to show information this way. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back