Pulling out my hair because of Check Boxes.....Please help me I don't want to go bald.

Brodtoad9

Good Morning to my fellow Excel users,

The issue that I am having today shouldn't be an issue but alas it is. What I thought would be a simple repair to my companies estimating sheet has turned into an almost brain bleeding painful task. All I am trying to do is link two check boxes on two different sheets.

My excel spreadsheet that I build is a streamlined form that has improved the accuracy of our estimates and cut the time in half from what it used to take to do our estimates. I am proficient in Excel along with VBA and Macros as I took classes in college that surrounded both VBA and Macros. But I must have missed the day that they covered linking check boxes. SO I now turn to the experts of this forum for help.

What I have is a workbook that has 3 sheets on it. Sheet one is my Bid Form, Sheet Two is my Estimate Information sheet, and Sheet Three is my Estimate Data Entry sheet. All I am trying to do is get the Check-box associated with an activity on Sheet Two "Estimate Info Sheet" to automatically populate the check box associated with the same activity on Sheet ones "Bid Form". Right now I can check and unchecked the boxes individually but I want to streamline it so I don't have to go back and forth to make sure that all the check boxes that should be checked are. I want it to just do it automatically. Is there a way to do this without macros? Is there a simple way of doing this or am I just chasing nothing right now and wasting my time? Please help.

I have attached links to the pictures (as I cannot post them in this forum for some reason) to help explain what I am trying to do. Thank you any help will be greatly appreciated.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/Commissioning/Capture1_zpsa98c09af.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/Commissioning/Capture2_zpscee4dd73.jpg

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
If your sheet2 check box is assigned to a cell, then the checkboxe on sheet 1 , assigned the same cell ,will ALSO get checked.

Upvote 0
Brodtoad9,

Welcome to MrExcel.

I am assuming the checkboxes are form checkboxes?
For any given 'pair' of checkboxes, right click each, in turn, and select 'Format Control..' then select the Control tab.
Click in the 'Cell Link' input field and then select or type in the cell that is to be their common linked cell. Then OK out.

The linked cell may be on either of the checkboxes sheets or even on a separate sheet.
You may decide to have a hidden column that just contains all your shared linked cells.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back