Pulling selected rows from multiple worksheets to a destination worksheet

saifrusho

Hey all!

Seriously struggling here. See if you can help this poor soul out!

What I am looking for:

There are 7 worksheets in this book, 5 of which have same column headings (second to sixth worksheets). I want to pull selected rows from these 5 worksheets into the 7th worksheet (CAP) while not disturbing the entries in any of the 5 worksheets (entries in these 5 worksheets should stay as is).

I am attaching one of the worksheets (A. LABOR). There are 4 more named (B. HEALTH & SAFETY, C. ENVIRONMENT, D. ETHICS, E. MANAGEMENT SYSTEM). Any row in the five worksheets with 'NO' selected in column D should go to a seventh worksheet (named CAP). But column D data itself should not go. And every time I run the <acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: Verdana; text-size-adjust: auto;">VBA</acronym>, the process should repeat as fresh (not adding to the previously run <acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: Verdana; text-size-adjust: auto;">VBA</acronym>). I also want the exported rows in CAP worksheet to be 'wrapped' so that all texts show properly.

Excel 2010
ABCDEFGH
3CodeSl.Code ProvisionYes/NoFindings ExplanationSeverityCorrective ActionCompletion Date
4A1 - Freely Chosen EmploymentA1.1Any type of forced, involuntary prison, indentured, bonded (including debt bondage), trafficked or slave labor is not used
5A1 - Freely Chosen EmploymentA1.2Adequate and effective policy and procedures are established ensuring that any form of forced, bonded involuntary prison, trafficked or slave labor is not used.
6A1 - Freely Chosen EmploymentA1.3Terms of contract are provided in writing and in their native language prior to employment (in case of migrant workers, before they leave their home country/region) of the key employment terms and conditions via employment letter/agreement/contract as required by law and explained verbally in their native language so workers understand what the contract states.
7A1 - Freely Chosen EmploymentA1.4Upon hiring, the workers government issued identification and personal documentation originals are not held by employer /labor agent/contractor (if applicable).
A. LABOR

I saw a similar one posted here:

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...ary-sheet.html

But 1) I could not quite apply it to all 5 of my needed worksheets and 2) if I run it twice, it adds to the previously run data instead of creating afresh.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Give this a try

Code:
Sub copyStuff()
Dim shAry As Variant, i As Long
shAry = Array(Sheets("LABOR"), Sheets("HEALTH & SAFETY")) ', Sheets("ENVIRONMENT"), Sheets("ETHICS"), Sheets("MANAGEMENT SYSTEM"))
    For i = LBound(shAry) To UBound(shAry)
        shAry(i).UsedRange.AutoFilter 4, "NO"
        shAry(i).UsedRange.Offset(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("CAP").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2)
        With Sheets("CAP")
            .Range("D2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 4).End(xlUp)).ClearContents
        End With
        shAry(i).AutoFilterMode = False
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Give this a try

Code:
Sub copyStuff()
Dim shAry As Variant, i As Long
shAry = Array(Sheets("LABOR"), Sheets("HEALTH & SAFETY")) ', Sheets("ENVIRONMENT"), Sheets("ETHICS"), Sheets("MANAGEMENT SYSTEM"))
        shAry(i).UsedRange.Offset(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("CAP").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2)
        With Sheets("CAP")
        End With
    Next
End Sub

Great! This works nicely. Just a small issue: it exports the entries to the CAP sheet alright but if I run the VBA a second time, the new ones just gets added to the entries from first round. I would prefer that it creates a fresh list every time I run the VBA (since it's a report rather than a database, I will make changes to the 'Yes/No' column few times and then would like to create the summary list afresh. Can you suggest a way to achieve that? Also, I would prefer that the column D does not go to the summary sheet (CAP).

Big help already!!

Upvote 0
Try this

Code:
Sub copyStuff2()
Dim shAry As Variant, i As Long, rng As Range
shAry = Array(Sheets("LABOR"), Sheets("HEALTH & SAFETY"), Sheets("ENVIRONMENT"), Sheets("ETHICS"), Sheets("MANAGEMENT SYSTEM"))
Sheets("CAP").Range("A2", Sheets("CAP").Cells(Rows.Count, 1)).EntireRow.ClearContents
        Set rng = Sheets("CAP").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2)
        shAry(i).UsedRange.Offset(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy rng
        With Sheets("CAP")
        End With
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Try this

Code:
Sub copyStuff2()
shAry = Array(Sheets("LABOR"), Sheets("HEALTH & SAFETY"), Sheets("ENVIRONMENT"), Sheets("ETHICS"), Sheets("MANAGEMENT SYSTEM"))
Sheets("CAP").Range("A2", Sheets("CAP").Cells(Rows.Count, 1)).EntireRow.ClearContents
        With Sheets("CAP")
        End With
    Next
End Sub

Works like a charm! Thanks again.
Just one more little thing: while running the VBA, it is exporting empty column D to the destination sheet (CAP). It is good that it is not showing the 'Yes or No' option but I do not want this column to be exported at all. That is, in CAP sheet column D would be 'Findings Explanation' instead of an empty column originally for 'Yes/No' in other worksheets.

I have also added a button on a different worksheet to run this VBA and I want the button click to take me to the destination worksheet (CAP sheet). Is there a way to do that?

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub copyStuff3()
    Next
    With Sheets("Cap")
        .Columns(4).Delete
        .Select
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub copyStuff3()
    Next
    With Sheets("Cap")
        .Columns(4).Delete
        .Select
    End With
End Sub

SOLVED! Thanks again. All worked fine. Quite happy for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back