Pulling Specific Columns from Raw Data (needs to be duplicable for changing raw data)

MrQue

Hello - I am having issues coming up with a repeatable template for pulling specific columns from raw data that changes based on location and time.

Here is my example:

Weekly Raw data is pulled for various locations (let's say Massachusetts and Maryland) So i have two different workbooks containing the raw data: Novweek1RawDataMass and Novweek1RawDataMary

Let's start with Novweek1RawDataMass - Here is what that sheet looks like:

First NameLast NameCityPhoneEmail
BobGruberSomewhere999blah@yep
GruWallaceyeppers876gru@yep
DaphneMysteryVans871scraw@yep

<tbody>
</tbody>

Now I need to create a spreadsheet that pulls just the columns First Name, Last Name, and Email (In reality my raw data ranges from A1 - EO1300)

I started by just creating a new worksheet in the raw data workbook and using a simple ="A2". However, my Raw data file changes names each week and I can't copy over this equation as it still tries to pull from the old worksheet. Any thoughts on how to do this so it is repeatable each week?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
set up a folder to use, then loop thru all files in that folder without regard to name. if the file naming convention you show is constant, you can read the Location name in the file name and apply whatever template you need for that location.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike575

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back