QAT disappears

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I am running Excel out of Office 365 (updated) on Windows 10. Recently, Microsoft sent an update and since then the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) keeps disappearing from the top of my worksheets. I can get it back by clicking on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, but then Rows 1 through 5 are covered. I have searched the Options, but cannot find how to keep the QAT on the screen. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Dan Wilson...

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
I have Microsoft 365, but I don't have those three dots in the upper right-hand corner.

In any case, try this and see if it helps.

First go to the Quick Access Toolbar dialog box (File >> Options >> Quick Access Toolbar).

If "Show Quick Access Toolbar" is already selected, de-selected it and click on OK. Then go back, select it, and click on OK again.

If it's not already selected, then select it and click on OK.

Does this help?

Upvote 0
Do you by any chance have Auto-Hide Ribbon selected ?

1639093694148.png

Upvote 0
Good day Domenic and Alex. Thank you both for responding.
I created a new post because I did not know if adding to the existing post would be seen. Thank you for defining that. I found the problem. When I click on the empty bar at the top of the screen and the QAT is displayed, there is a blank spot at the right side of the QAT with an arrow in it. Clicking on that arrow brought up the option to "Always Show Ribbon". After I clicked on that instead of "Hide Quick Access Toolbar" all is well. Domenic, the three dots are next to the Red "X" at the top, right corner of the screen when the QAT is hidden. I think it's a Windows function.

Thank you both for the rescue.
Dan Wilson...

Upvote 0
Interesting.
I am running 365 Family and in that it still shows as: Auto-hide Ribbon, Show Tabs & Show Tabs and Commands, as in my screen shot above.
On the MS site my set up is documented under Office 2013 - Office 2019, despite me running 365.
Show or hide the ribbon in Office (Office 2013 - Office 2019)

The options you are describing sit under Newer Versions
Show or hide the ribbon in Office (Newer_Versions)

Thanks for the feedback and glad we could help.
@Domenic's post encouraged me to take a look ;)

Newer Versions

1e5a09e6-3b9c-449a-b93d-4493ba8f3ea2.png

Upvote 0
Interesting.
I am running 365 Family and in that it still shows as: Auto-hide Ribbon, Show Tabs & Show Tabs and Commands, as in my screen shot above.
On the MS site my set up is documented under Office 2013 - Office 2019, despite me running 365.
Show or hide the ribbon in Office (Office 2013 - Office 2019)

The options you are describing sit under Newer Versions
Show or hide the ribbon in Office (Newer_Versions)

Thanks for the feedback and glad we could help.
@Domenic's post encouraged me to take a look ;)

Newer Versions

1e5a09e6-3b9c-449a-b93d-4493ba8f3ea2.png
Good day Alex. I'm not sure I fully understand the problem with the different versions, but my problem is fixed. I also found that choosing "Full Window" caused the same problem. Thanks for the help.
Dan Wilson...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back