query + combo box

mamfa

i have a query that i need to look up what is selected in a combo box and then show the relevant records

HELP AGAIN PLEASE :)
Samantha

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi Samantha

In your query design screen, under the field on which you want to filter, enter the following criteria :

=[Forms]![MyForm].[MyComboBox]

Make sure you use your actual form name where I have used MyForm and use the actual name of the combo box where I have used MyComboBox.

HTH, Andrew

Upvote 0
if i enter what you have said i still get a parameter box come up asking me to enter the word im serach for?

Upvote 0
Hi

Can you copy and paste the full SQL for the query into your answer? You can get to the SQL by clicking on view > SQL view. Can you also provide the name for of the form and the combo box on that form?

Before you do that, have you checked you have the correct syntax, form name and field names? Most often, the paramater boxes appear in this situation because of a typo or something similar. Lastly, you could try creating a parameter by going into the query design screen and clicking on Query > Parameter and adding [Forms]![MyForm].[MyComboBox] with the approprate data type.

Also, are you just trying to open a query, or something else (like a report) based on that query?

HTH, Andrew

Upvote 0
oops have double checked and it was a typo it is now doing as i wish thank you for your help im sure ill be asking again soon

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back